Friday, May 23, 2014

The Great Facebook Break 2014

I went cold turkey on Facebook last summer with the goal of using all that extra time to soak up summer: Bike rides, hikes, gardening, reading, meditating, etc.

I did none of that. Gromit's health was failing and the reality of losing him, combined with the extra daily care he needed, sent me into a tailspin. Serious depression, the likes of which I hadn't experienced since college in Michigan, way back in the late eighties.

Losing Gromit was very sad - he was a family member. At least we treated him that way. But the depression sparked by his imminent death ran much deeper - deep down to the Big Life Choices we all make with the best available information and the best intentions.

If you've known me for more than 10 minutes, you know I tend to be an optimist. My Da actually calls me Pollyanna occasionally, a name I thought meant Goody Two Shoes (HA!) but actually means someone who thinks good things will always happen and finds something good in everything.

That's me. And I'm back, mostly.

There are days when I miss Gromit so much I can't breathe. There are days when I wonder how I got here. But now those days are fewer and father in between.

And frankly, here is a good place to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison
I am listening to: Birds chirping and puppies wrestling in the yard
And I am: Here again






No comments:

Post a Comment