Friday, May 16, 2014

The Light Bulb Moment

Everything I read about being a better person involves keeping a journal. All the highly effective, really smart, got-their-shit-together types are doing it. And I really enjoyed blogging for however many years it was - it felt like a hobby, a passion, something I made time for because it was important to me.

But now, writing every day feels like one more goddamn thing I've gotta do - add it to the list with changing that light bulb in the upstairs closet.

Lately, however, I've been "easing" into my mornings. Not leaping into work right away, but taking time to enjoy something. I've been reading - which feels really naughty for some reason ("You should be working and you're reading? Bad girl.") I've been playing with the doggies. And now I'm doing this.

About a year ago, I realized there are people out there - smart people - who get up, read the paper, have a coffee, watch the news and just BE before starting their day. I could never be one of them because for so long (pretty much my whole life) I had to leap out of bed, get ready and GO GO GO every day.

Finally, after four years of working from home, I'm realizing my mornings are mine - from 6 to 7:30-ish - all mine. And that makes me feel a little smarter. A little.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Very quiet house
I am reading: Just finished "My Notorious Life" - quite good
And I am: Okay

No comments:

Post a Comment