Thursday, June 26, 2014

Do's and Don'ts

DO NOT:

  • Get in the Express Checkout line (12 items or less) at Meijer's behind a woman on a Rascal wearing an I'VE GOT A COUPON FOR THAT t-shirt. 
  • Read anything new by John Grisham, ever again. The Racketeer was the only other book besides [insert anything by Ann Rice] that I've ever wanted to throw away upon finishing it. 
  • Purchase a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer unless you like having your clothes ruined by rust spots.


DO:

  • Read The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, including the book notes at the end.
  • Watch the new TV series Fargo, based on the movie.
  • Take a break from what you're doing right now, go outside and breathe deeply for five minutes.
  • Try the chocolate-covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements
  • When writing anything, watch the number of I's you use and eliminate them outright or switch them to you's whenever possible. As in: I will send You can expect an email update on this by Friday, June 27. Here's a bad good example of someone over-using the I's. And she should seriously know better. It's not only boring, it detracts from your message, by assuming the reader is really interested in only you and your opinions.
  • Listen to ZZ Top's LaGrange whilst driving fast. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The fan
I am reading: The Gentleman's Guide to Summering at Slate
And I am: Relaxed

No comments:

Post a Comment