Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday Random

Google's "Man-Gobbler" commercial with Hall & Oates makes me laugh so hard I snort. Every time. Repeatedly.

The hold music for my company's conference call service makes me happy. Odd.

Wonder where the word "gussied" comes from...as in "I'm all gussied up with nowhere to go since my Big Meeting postponed to next week."

This whole craft beer thing needs to go away. Before it does, however, it would make an outstanding Saturday Night Live skit - with some Grizzly Adams-bearded beer geek spending 15 minutes explaining the craft beer list with names like Nutter's Ballsack, Bitchslap Red, and Your Mom's Tainted Ale. In the past year I've wasted at least 20 hours listening to grown men talk about beer like giddy little girls. Like beer was just invented last week and it can cure cancer, pattern baldness, erectile dysfunction and global warming. And everyone is acting as if it will never fade, that craft beer will stay as hot as it is today. Craft beer is to 2014 as cigars were to 1998. 

If you're not watching Fargo on FX, give it a try. We were cynical - because how can you make a TV series from that movie - but it works. The cast, the pace, the humor - everything just works. Really well. They even reveal what happens to the ransom money that Steve Buscemi's character buried in the snow. And that skinny little shit Billy Bob Thornton just makes every scene. 

Everyone says that technology has made us more distant - that folks on trains and in restaurants don't chat anymore because they're nose to screen all the time. I get that. But being able to text my brother every other day after years of chatting with him maybe every other month is downright wonderful. We've had some fun conversations and I feel closer to him than ever. 

Honey Bunches of Oats is addicting cereal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: A plane flying
I am reading: Little Bee by Chris Cleave
And I am: Starting to relax a little finally

No comments:

Post a Comment